As if your October weren’t already punishing your liver’s resolve enough, it’s that time that comes every three months, the new issue release party.
We’ve been accused of keeping this printed lazy “journalism” dinosaur around just to throw these parties, and I’ll take this opportunity to respond to such acclaims- yes, you are correct.
Without the parties to keep the blood flowing we’d have stopped killing ourselves over this years ago and crawled back to blogging, and then after realizing blogging is a dying medium, just quit altogether resigning to drinking “dad” beers while listening to Wilco (the earlier records) maybe once or twice a week. You know, on the nights Modern Family, Master Chef, or New Girl are not on.
So yeah, we’re excited about this PARTY!
And I was (mostly) kidding about the guide soul sucking stuff. We still like it plenty and especially this one. It’s chock full of cool shit like Brewers’ Brain from Jeff Young, Over a Pint with Pinthouse Pizza, a rundown of this town’s Lager Lovers, some in-depth, hard hitting reporting on how a few folks are making Ch-Ch-Changes post 2013 TX Lege. sessions, a nice little ditty by our friend over at An Avenue about how and what great local beers to drink while watching football, and finally our first ever overseas edition of Beer and Loathing.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You’ll get to that next time you get to the bar before your friends or find a guide conveniently located in a taproom bathroom stall. I’ll move on to the party details.
- Fall 2013 Cover Poster Prints by Josh Cockrell (of Jester King) for the first 100 attendees
- Special Edition ABG Fall Tallboy Koozies
- New Mother Fucking Fall 2013 Austin Beer Guides
- Slices and pies paired wt tha special beers via VIA 313
- Austin Beerworks EINHORN, Heavy Machinery Fresh Hop, Heavy Machinery Belgian IPA
- Hops & Grain Volumes of Funk Sour Barelywine
- Independence Convict Hill ON NITRO BITCHES!
- Jester King El Cedro CASK
- Live Oak TBD
- Real Ale Oktoberfest CASK wt PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
Come on time, bring cash (cards will be accepted inside and out, but cash is quicker), bring friends, please take only as many poster prints and Koozies as you *NEED* , and don’t stress the parking situation near Rainey- see our handy dandy “here’s where to park your car” map below. Or just ride in on the MetroRail and figure out getting home later.
OK, see you Thursday.