So here’s the podcast you’ve all been waiting for, the FWD/DFW SPEED TASTING! Once again we’re nestled comfortably in Aaron’s garage with our very special guest Tony Drewry (Beer Pedaler/#shotgunfriday/Fish Fry Bingo/Live Oak Music Hall and Lounge/…)
We give Tony a few friendly jabs about Austin being better than FWD/DWF, but it’s all in good fun… and then we dive right in with some tasty north Texas bevies. And boy were they. Of the lot, everything Tony-D poured was great with many being excellent. Tony poured as quick as he talked and we got crash course on Dalworth beer like no one has before.
Here’s the list of the beers we tasted on the podcast (about a quarter of what Tony hauled down):
- Deep Ellum: IPA, Dallas Blonde
- Lakewood: Hop Trapp, Temptress, Rock Ryder
- Peticolas: Velvet Hammer, Royal Scandal
- Community: Pale ale
- Revolver: Blood and Honey
- (we start to get silly around this point)
- Martin House: Day Break
- Rahr (the grandaddy of them all): Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer 2011
- Four Corners: Block Party Porter, Local Buzz
We end with a proper discussion about the differences and similarities between the ATX brewers and their northern brethren that was insightful and inspiring.
So thanks so much to Tony and all the North Texas breweries that provided beers for this session.